SELECT LOG_MODE FROM V$DATABASE;
2.Change Log Mode:
Alter database archivelog; (Database must be in mounted mode, database Alter command will not permanently add entries in spfile, we need to do it manually)
to open database in mount only mode startup mount
3.Open database read only
ALTER DATABASE OPEN READ ONLY;
4. Open Database in read and write mode:
ALTER DATABASE OPEN READ WRITE;
However, read-write is the default mode.
1.Normal start = startup
Other various commands
- Displays historical archived log information from the control file.
- Describes archive destinations, and the current value, mode, and status of these destinations.
- Displays information about the state of the various archive processes for an instance.
- Contains information about any backups of archived logs. If you use a recovery catalog, the RC_BACKUP_REDOLOG contains similar information.
- Displays all redo log groups for the database and indicates which need to be archived.
- Contains log history information such as which logs have been archived and the SCN range for each archived log.